“I need an Engineer.” |
I hear this request often. Ortho executives call and say… “I need an Engineer”.
This is the wrong question… an Engineer is not an Engineer.
Many Ortho leaders have a tendency to jump to the solution. This is completely normal. We all do it. We have a budget slot for an Engineer so you want someone with that title.
Think about it differently…
What problem are you trying to solve?
You may actually need…
- leadership skills
- a predictable pipeline of new products
- more creativity
- solve a specific engineering problem
- convert a specific surgeon’s ideas into new products
- someone who is a great interfacing communicator with marketing, sales and surgeons
- an organized and detail-oriented project leader for a new big project
- or an engineering coach and mentor for the younger engineers.
Not all Engineers are the same. Just because people have the same degree doesn’t mean they have the same skillsets and will perform the same inside your company.
So when you contact me, tell me what problem you are trying to solve and I will bring you the individual that solves your problem.
← OrthoStreams home